Thursday, April 07, 2005

Spring arrives

I don't mean to say that the sky is blue -- but now it's hazy-gray instead of rainy-gray. And though the birds aren't particularly chirping, at least the rats are no longer sharpening their precious little claws inside the walls of my apartment. That's winter work.

It's just remarkable how frigid a subtropical winter can be -- mostly because subtropical houses lack heating systems. If you're stubborn enough not to purchase a space heater, as I was for one and a half winters, you'll start to pine for northern climes, with their subzero temperatures and central heating.

Space heaters are cheap. I don't know what the hell was wrong with me.

But now the heater's going in the closet. Time to bring out the fans -- we're going to need them.

No comments: