Monday, April 03, 2006

Bian-Ma Hui

Watching the end of the meeting between Ma Ying-jeou and Chen Shui-bian.

Well, it's a start.

Really, though, it's mostly an argument about words.

I'll leave it to Feiren to write a more complete analysis. I just have to say both men are pretty impressive. Ma speaks very well and looks very reasonable, but he's just not as foxy as Chen. I've seen him speak a few times in person using English and he knows how to use humor, but he doesn't really make laugh.

This may be the first time I've seen Chen in a conversational context and it's the first time I've understood his appeal. He makes me laugh. The most amusing part of his "conversation" with Ma was when he asked him to define the boundaries of ROC under his "one China, each his own interpretation" ('92 consensus) model.

No comments: