Thursday, May 31, 2007

Red Bean Danish Roll

A couple months ago, when I asked a business visitor what she wanted to see and what kinds of foods she wanted to try in her 2 days in Taipei, she said, "I know this sounds strange, but I want to go to Starbucks and McDonalds - I want to see what kinds of local tastes are represented there." I told her in that case McD's would be more satsifying than Starbucks. Now, I see that Starbucks' danishes have been adulterated with red bean. It's hard to say when this will stop. Starting today, I'll be inspecting all Starbucks pastries for evidence of mayonnaise.
Posted by Picasa


While at Starbucks, I noticed this cute bearista with the "Taiwan" apron. I think the Seattle-based coffee imperialist is risking a run-in with China. Shouldn't that be Taiwan (Province of China)?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good catch on the bear's apron. You can bet top dollar that petitioning/strongarming Starbucks on this issue will at least occur to some thug in the CCP.